Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Stressed out!

OK...screwed around with the high school kids and end up with a stress fracture in the 2nd metatarsal of my right foot. Haven't run now for 40 days, and am about to go stir crazy.

The good news is that I have been put into a boot to keep me from doing anything else crazy, and no riding now for 2 weeks. They also gave me a bone stimulator to help with the healing.

5 days later and it is starting to feel way better, and the swelling is going down. Hopefully in another 9 days I will be out riding my bike, and the week after that I get to start running.

I will have only 3 months to prepare for Worlds. Well....at least I won't be burned out by then from training!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Calcium and magnesium will speed the healing more than the stimulator. 2:1 ratio will do the trick.



bud