Friday, October 20, 2006

Twas the night before race day.....

And all through the condo, not a beer was drunken (because I'm saving it for tomorrow).

Hard to believe that the time has come. Today was uneventful, as I just went out and checked my bike and gear in, and then came back to the abode to eat, drink fluids, watch some t.v., and then it's off to bed after I finish this up.

Not nervous yet. Not sure if I want to be...but I'm sure that once I get in the water I'll start to get excited. Of course Ruth called me today and told me if I needed to laugh while swimming to just ask myself "Hmmm....does the ocean make my butt look big?"

Which of course brought a laugh to me, and this is probably what I'll think about once I get out there. Hopefully the surf will go down a bit, but the good news is that I've been swimming out there all week and it really isn't that bad (of course it might be totally different tomorrow).

What I will think of tomorrow is the following:'

The swim - I know that Betsy will be right in front of me so I can draft off of her (mentally). Of course it will probably be some dude from Germany, but I can pretend.

The bike - I know that I'll have Shelley on my rear wheel drafting off of me like the Tick she is....and I'll imagine her laughing at me when I try and shake her off my wheel. Seeing as I've only done that once in the past 3 years. And then there will be Sherry thinking too much behind us.

The run - Ruth. Running stride for stride with me like she did all summer.

Thanks Guys....as I wouldn't have been able to do it all without you!

Oh...and special thanks to Graham for building a great training program to follow. I promise I only swore at you once. I think it was when I was doing the 4 x 3 mile repeats.

Until tomorrow!

1 comment:

Nancy Toby said...

Yay Debi!! You had a whole bunch of us watching you all day. Very cool that you exactly tied Natascha Badmann's swim leg!!!!