Sunday, October 15, 2006

Having a Rock n' Roll good time in Quakin' Kona!

Well...we got her Friday night. After 18 hours of travel we arrived at our condo, as which you can see is RIGHT on the WATER. The waves crashing outside our window will either put you to sleep or wake you up. That and having all that water pounding outside your window will really get your bladder working overtime!

I met one of my clients yesterday for the first time (face to face) - Tony Lyons from Canada! It was great to talk to him, and get to spend some time with him. We're also going to meet for a swim on Wednesday.

Well....as you know from the news, we had an earthquake hit here this morning. I was just finishing up my breakfast when I felt this big shockwave. It was almost as if a bomb had been blasted a mile or so away, but instead of dying down, the quaking built up slowly to the point where it was time to move!

We headed for the kitchen door, but glasses were flying off the shelves, I had no shoes on, so decided to get in the bathroom door. After about 30-45 seconds later all was quiet. We did make our way outside, and then went back in after a few minutes to get our car keys (and the rest of my coffee and cell phone) so that we could get to higher ground in case of a Tsunami.

There was no radio station in operation, and all electricity was off. Good thing I was able to call my son and daughter to find out the news (like how big it was, and what caused it). After about 30-40 min we headed back to the condo, assuming that all was safe (and it was).

It's turned out to be a gorgeous day. I went for my first open water swim (where we saw last year's winner - Farris al Sultan), then it was time for lunch and a nap at the pool!

Will report more later!

3 comments:

Nancy Toby said...

Go Deb! Thanks for the update, and glad you're okay! Have a great week preparing to rock that course!

Anonymous said...

Good luck Debi!

Holly said...

Go Coach Debi Go! :) I was thinking about you this week and hoping your were doing well!

Rock and Roll the course this weekend!