Monday, October 16, 2006

Spandex.....it's a priviledge, not a right!

Just to go back a bit......here we are on the little island jumper plane leaving Honolulu. My husband is sitting near these three young girls (who I thought were hookers, but were surfers) when one of them starts talking about how her Dad always says that spandex is a priviledge, not a right....this is so true even in the world of triathlon.

Some men should not wear spandex. Especially light colored spandex. I will say no more.

And what is it about women triathletes with boob jobs? You'd figure with all the unbelievably fit bodies out there you would figure that most are all comfortable with what God gave them. Obviously not. I even ran into a woman at the pool locker room today, who must be in her late 50's, who had them done.

Even so....Kona is covered with people who look like they've been genetically altered in some form. From normal people to these 'uber' people - If all Americans looked like this town I know for a fact that we would never have problems with those pesky oil countries. They'd be too scared of us. We'd all look like 'Arnold', only with really expensive bikes.

As you can tell I'm starting to go stir-crazy sitting around with not much to do. Yes, a envious position, and trust me I'm not whining. Just stating some facts.

I did swim today, nothing much, but I felt like I hadn't swam in over a month. Heart rate was up, I felt nauseous, and generally like a slug. Which is a good thing, because it means that I'm tapering. Or I am a slug.

Celebrity sightings for the day: Karen and Donna Smyers at the pool. Karen is a Pro, her sister is my competition (well...she wouldn't call me her competition). Even so...Karen did smile at me and say hi ;>)

More ramblings later!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Funny, isn't everyone in shape enough to wear spandex, lol. Glad your ok and having fun!



Bud

Anonymous said...

Ted says.....

I think we need more research into this "triathletes with boob job" phenomena.

I volunteer to conduct it!
My work starts immediately, and I will not rest until I have personally interviewed every triathlete with fake boobs!

In the interest of science, of course.
;-)

--Ted

Anonymous said...

So many straight lines and we get pictures of a sign and a wooden sailor????????????
Bill

Anonymous said...

Debi,
You are such a slug.

j/k!

Your write-ups are funny. Have a great time!

Cathy