Monday, October 09, 2006

Week - 9/30-10/2

Well...that last big triple brick didn't happen. We got started, and in 5 miles of the ride I just didn't feel right. Sometimes this feeling goes away once I warm up, but it kept getting worse. Something was not right, so I made the executive decision to stop the workout and go home and sleep.

Yep...a nap. A four hour nap to be precise. And then off to bed early that night. Up in the morning I felt better and decided to do a 60 mile ride. That sort of helped to make up for the missed workout, but I knew that it was the right thing in the long run.

So this past week I had my LAST big workout week.

Monday - 5000 swim
Tuesday - 3 hour ride with speed thrown in, and a run post ride
Wednesday - 14 mile run with speed work thrown in (1 mile, 1200, 2 x 600, 3 x 400, 3 x 200) - lots of fun!
Thursday - 3 hour ride
Friday - swim long again
Saturday - ride 2 hours
Sunday - Long ride 100 miles (alternate 10 miles easy, 10 miles hard) then 7 mile run. Rode the Cannonball Century - 5:25, and had a great ride!

Taper time!

No comments: