Wednesday, October 25, 2006

On to the real vacation!


Kauai is not just for the birds!

After a short couple of hops on a small plane we made it to our second destination - Kauai. Talk about a really cool island! Lots of mountain peaks just outside the door, ocean only a bit away, and if I was a surfer I probably would be in heaven. But seeing as I'm just a big chicken...

First day we took a bit of a hike up some trail that was unbelievably challenging considering most of the trails we run on are pretty tame. Of course the destroyed big toes of my feet weren't happy with me, and my body was still trashed from Saturday's race, it was a great way to get the excess lactic acid and the adrenaline flowing. (see pictures)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Bor-ring! Not nearly as exciting as ALL that has happened in KG while you have been gone. No! No!...will have to tell you ALL about it when you get back.

AND...you can write all this crap on your 'blog' and can't take the time to write real letters to the 'awesome kids'? Who are we kidding here?

Married to a great guy? How many margaritas did you have before you typed up this slop?

Seriously....hope you are having a great time! I only skimmed race day...but yes, your butt did look bigger ( not just big!) in the ocean.

And now you need to get your butt back here so we have have all the margaritas we want....Jesse sent me 4 margarita glasses yesterday!

See you soon!

I dont' really have to sign this, do I?